Monday, January 24, 2011

january girls dinner: Piece

IMG_8533

Heather chose Piece for January's dinner.  Piece is one of those popular places in Wicker Park, so we had to wait an hour to be seated.  I was just about at the end of my rope, when we were called for our table.  It was a really close call.  I almost snapped as I am known to do when I get hungry.

It was wonderful to welcome Aimee back after her short hiatus due to childbirth.  Here she is enjoying a beer (it was a long, hard, dry nine months for her).
IMG_8532

There were five of us so we ordered a big salad and two pizzas.  We had one 'red' pizza with tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and artichoke and one 'plain' pizza with sausage and olives.  The difference between a red pizza and a plain pizza is the red pizza is a traditional pizza with red sauce and mozzarella cheese, and a plain pizza has red sauce and parmesan cheese.  Both pizzas were well received and devoured. 
IMG_8545

We also ordered the chocolate hazelnut pizza which tasted like Nutella.  Why in the hell haven't I ever thought of making a Nutella pizza?  Genius, pure genius.
IMG_8547

My only complaint (besides a long wait) at Piece, is the volume of the joint.  It is one of those places that is very loud and it makes it difficult to have a conversation.  Unfortunately, I think the last few dinners we have had have been at loud restaurants.  We are in need of a more laid back place where we can really talk and not have to strain to hear one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment