Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yum..potatoes. Wait no! I mean Couch Potato

I have the iPhone and love it. I didn't think I would really love it, but I do. The possibilities seem endless with all the aps you can get. So, I recently got this ap called COUCH TO 5K. If any of you know me even remotely well, you know I DON'T run. It pains me to run across the street, and I could kill Camel (the new dog) when she decides to run up the ramp home. So this idea of "couch" (oh yeah, that's me. I love the couch) to 5K intrigued me.
The premise behind the ap is that you are to run 3 times a week and each week it gets a bit more difficult, and at the end of the 9th week, you should be able to run a 5K without stopping.
I am currently on week 3.
Week 1 wasn't so bad. There was a 5 minute warm-up, then you alternate 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking, and end with a 5 minute cool down for a total of 30 minutes.
Week 2 had 90 seconds of jogging and then 2 minutes of walking.
Week 3 is 1.5 minutes of jogging, 1.5 minutes of walking, 3 minutes of jogging, 3 minutes of walking.
You get the idea.
The cool thing is that you can have your music playing on your iPhone, and then this ap will 'talk' over your music and say either "run now" or "walk now". It's pretty cool.
I am in a panic about week 5 though. It expects me to be able to run non-stop for 20 minutes at the end of that week. YEAH RIGHT!! Running non-stop for 3 minutes this morning nearly had me ordering oxygen when I got home.
So, here's hoping I make it to week 9 someday. It'll be a miracle.
I may just have to stay at week 4 for awhile. Wouldn't want to rush things.

No comments:

Post a Comment