Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where the hell have I been?


I tell you where I’ve been; I’ve been in Dillon, Texas.  I’ve been there for a couple of months now, and because of Dillon, I’ve haven’t written on my blog, I haven’t Tweeted, I haven’t done much of anything interesting.

You see, I was way behind, and finally started watching Friday Night Lights. BRILLIANT!  Last night, I watched the 76th and final episode and cried like a baby.  I don’t know what I am going to do without my friends from Dillon. 

Who woulda thunk that I would fall in love with people from Texas?!  All of the “y’all”s didn’t even get to me.  This show is about football and the people in Texas who are crazy about football.  But really, it is SO much more than that.  I wish I could express and review and explain all of the reasons why this show was so brilliant and magnificent and funny and warm and touching, but I know if I tried I wouldn’t do the show justice.

The show made me laugh and it made it me cry.  It really touched me.  I absolutely loved the actors and the characters of this show.  I wish everyone could have a love and relationship like Tammy and Eric Taylor.  They listened to each other; they tried to understand each other.  They walked in each others’ shoes, and their love made me melt.
After Tami sees Matt buying condoms, Tami and Julie have a frank and moving talk about sex.

The actors were so ‘real’ to me.  My favorites were Matt and Landry.  Their interactions were so natural and they made me laugh every time they were together.  It was like they weren’t acting, just talking to each other like real people.  Their dorkiness was so real, it was amazing.

So, I haven’t blogged in over a month and it’s because I was in Dillon, with my new friends.  Man, I loved them, and I am so sad that they are all gone.  So, if you were late getting to the Dillon party like I was, do yourself a favor, and take a trip.  I promise you will love it, and I will want to talk about it with you.  Seriously, that show made me drop off the face of the earth for two months so I could watch five seasons worth of shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment