Friday, March 19, 2010

March Dinner: Veerasway

For our March dinner, Jodee chose Veerasway.  It is a small and hip Indian restaurant in the West Loop.
The five of us made it this month:  Jodi, Jodee, Heather, Susan, and me.


We ordered a bottle of red and white, and proceeded to try to figure out what we should order. 



 We asked the waitress a lot of questions, and she was very helpful.  We decided on the dishes we would share as well as two orders of naan:  garlic and butter.





I thought the food was really good.  Naturally, I didn't eat the lamb or the chicken, but the other two dishes and the naan were delicious.   I did hear a couple people say that the lamb was too spicy, but that the chicken was their favorite.  I brought the rest of the lamb home for Ignacio, so we'll see if he thinks it's too spicy also.  Oh yeah, they also brought out chutney and chips when we first sat down, and I gobbled those up.
I had to ask the waitstaff for 7 carafes of water (not really, but you get the idea).  Whew!  That food was spicy, and I certainly got in my 8 glasses of water and then some on this day!
Oddly enough, I now have a taste for more Indian food even though I just had it.  Luckily, there is a restaurant in my neighborhood that I can walk to whenever I'm having a craving for more water Indian food.

2 comments:

  1. I like the labels on the food -- you are so awesome, Girlfriend (haha) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look at these right before dinner, with no naan in sight. Dang.

    came by way of Mondo Beyondo :)

    ReplyDelete