Sunday, August 1, 2010

best movie I've seen in a long, long, LONG time

The Kids Are All Right is the best movie Ignacio and I have seen in a very long time.  I wish I were a better movie reviewer so I could give the movie justice, but I'll just have to do the best I can.

The movie stars Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, and Mark Ruffalo.  Bening and Moore are lesbian mothers to a teenage son and daughter.  Ruffalo is their anonymous sperm donor.   The movie is smart, sexy, and hilarious.  During the movie, there were times that I wished I was a lesbian because they were so tender and thoughtful to one another.  And then there were times when I wished Mark Ruffalo was my man (hubba hubba).


I loved the wrinkles on Moore and Bening's faces; their laugh lines, and crow's feet.  There was such beauty in their years.  I loved the freckles on Moore's arms.  I loved the way Ruffalo rubbed his face when he was stressed.  There was just a natural way about everything that was so beautiful to me.

I also loved it when Moore said that she would like to start composting.  I thought it was hilarious because I recently told Ignacio the same thing.  I am a hippie just like the characters in the movie, and maybe that is just one element of why I fell so in love with this film.

The movie made us laugh (really loud), and it, naturally, made Ignacio cry.  And I was all like, "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!"  (a great line from the movie)
Do yourself a favor and see this one.  It had me at "composting".

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read a review of this because I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete