Wednesday, August 18, 2010

FALL into MONDO

I have written about my Mondo Beyondo (a class about dreaming big) experiences here and I wanted you all to know that the next Mondo class starts August 30. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate fall and yourself than by the special treat of this class.  If I had the funds, I would give this class away as a gift to many of my friends.

I definitely plan on taking the class again at some point to remind myself of my dreams and to create new ones, as well as meet new friends.

It is very hard for me to meet/make new friends. I have a fear of social gatherings of people I don’t know well. Small talk is painful to me, thinking of things to say is difficult for me, and listening to things I’m not interested in is very much like nails on a chalkboard.

Surprisingly for me, since taking the Mondo class, I have gained a pen-pal, Holli, who lives in Kentucky and writes the Wondering Spirit, and I actually met Laura (in person!), who lives in North Carolina, and writes Laura's Mommy Journal.

Laura e-mailed me and told me she would be in Chicago for business and asked if I wanted to meet up for wine and cheese (I told her she had me at “cheese”). I told Ignacio I was going on a blind-date with someone I had met on the internet, and off I went to meet Laura at Bin 36. Believe it or not, it was painless and I had a great time! I could even say it was easy, and for me, meeting new people is anything but.



Do yourself a favor, and treat yourself to a Mondo Beyondo class. Click the button on the right to sign up and tell me all about how your life has changed at the end of five weeks.

5 comments:

  1. I need to do a Mondo post for my blog too. It's truly amazing how my life has taken shape in completely unexpected and awesome ways since I signed up for the class in March... no small part thanks to my favorite pen-pal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow, you DO have long arms! HA HA HA!

    Send me that picture! I am trying to get everyone I know to take the class. Truly life changing. It was awesome to meet you too and it's nice to know I will see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep sending links to Mondo Beyondo to friends via e-mail. I'm not sure why I was so stupid in that I didn't even think to blog it. Definitely a "d'oh!" moment.

    Isn't it funny how when we find something truly great, we can't help but try to recruit others? Part of human goodness. That, thankfully, counteracts human idiotness like the woman on the elliptical next to me last week who insisted on answering her d*mn cell phone every two minutes.

    But I digress.

    I can't imagine, from the way you write, that you'd have any issues making friends. That boggles my brain. I suspect that anyone who reads your blog already considers you a friend. Or maybe that's just my human stalkerness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you guys got to meet :) yay for Mondo Beyondo friends!

    ReplyDelete