Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mondo Beyondo

I’ve told a few people that I was going to take this Mondo Beyondo class (click on the box at the right). Well, time has flown by, and I am already in week 5 of it. If you had asked me to guess, I would say I was in week two. Time is really going quickly.


Mondo Beyondo is an on-line class about dreaming big. We are given daily assignments and secret missions. It’s been amazing. There is also a beautiful on-line community that has developed, and the women taking this class are inspiring. They are fellow dreamers, yes, but there are so many brilliant and talented women in the class. There are many artists and I admire them so much. There are a lot of unconventional people in the class, and I love that. I’m intimidated by these amazing people. I am an accountant for pete’s sake. I would love to be able to make a living doing something that is not a 9-5 gig.

Like the other night at the symphony. I was telling Ignacio how cool it would be if someone asked what I did for a living and I was able to say, “oh, I play the harp in the symphony.” But now when someone asks, I say “I’m an accountant, but that really has nothing to do with who I am.”

I am going to continue to dream big, with my mondo lists, and vision board, and morning meditations. There is no harm in dreaming, that’s for sure.  I really believe that magic can happen.  There are many examples of it in this class.

I highly recommend the Mondo Beyondo class. The next class starts in May.

2 comments:

  1. I would say not to worry about what the other people are doing! It is about your dreams. I am "just" a boring software developer but at the same, I am also a runner, a reader, a mother, a wife, a friend, and a budding photographer. You are awesome as YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh out loud when I read this post!!! I am also a degreed accountant and former corporate controller. I did a career shift to designing kitchens and baths about 5 years ago. I say that most creative accountants are in jail but here I am. :) Now for the really funny part. I play the harp! For real.

    Hopped on over from Picture Sping. Hope you are enjoying the class. Tam http:/bloggingbradleys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete