Wednesday, November 3, 2010

what i did on vacation: NOTHING

my feet looking at the ferris wheel at Navy Pier

There were no real vacations for me this year, so I have some vacation time to burn.  Last week I took 3 days off.  When I scheduled the time, my plan was to knit and read.  To, like, almost have a real vacation even though I was just going to be at home.  As the time drew nearer, my 'to-do' list grew longer.  I had 3 pages in my little notebook filled with things to get done.  That is exactly what I didn't want to happen.  I didn't want to spend my 3 days off feeling guilty and pressured because of that damn list.  In the end, I was only able to knock out a tiny portion of the list.  Don't ask me what I did because I really haven't a clue.  I know I didn't sit back and watch telelvision.  
There was a day when I had to wait for two repairmen (one for the handle on the Macy's reclining couch and one for my California Closet that fell out of the wall [good customer service grades for both companies]).  Other than that, there were no significant chunks of time accounted for.  
Bottom line is that I think I get much more done when I am busy.  When I am working, I wake up at 5am, get to the gym, and have a rather productive morning.  When I'm not working, waking up at 8am is a big time difference.

my size 11's standing almost as tall as the John Hancock
In other news, I am so excited about my new e-class that began on Monday.  "You are Your Own Muse" is a class being offered by Vivienne McMaster and it is a class about self-portraits.  So, here are the first two pictures of me (well, not me per se, but my feet).
I've been anxiously waiting for this class to begin.  I just love Vivienne's work.  Her photos make me feel something that is hard to describe.  There is a beauty and a certain peace I feel when I see her pictures.  I am hoping to be able to find some kind of magic in my own photography; the kind I see or feel when I look at other people's work.
I'm definitely not feeling love and peace when I look at those size 11's  in front of the John Hancock Building.  Actually, the longer I look at that photo, the more I am feeling a kind of Godzilla vs King Kong situation.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. Your feet are as big as the city! And, you are just as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete