Friday, January 28, 2011

favorite things

Part of Susannah Conway's Unravelling class included an activity with our favorite things.

Here is one of my treasured things that I've had for 25 years, at least.
Favorite things: hair ribbon
 
During high school, this is the bow I wore in my hair when I was in a bad mood; if someone or something pissed me off.  If I wore my hair in a ponytail, I would wear my ‘bullshit’ ribbon in a bow around the ponytail. If my hair was down, I would wear the ribbon around my head, and tie it on top of my head in a bow. What a rebel I was. Every time I wore that ribbon, I was a little scared that a teacher would read it and figure it out, and I would get in some sort of trouble. But really, the ribbon is so pretty. It’s quite deceiving. Most people might think I’m a bit prissy with a multi-colored ribbon in hair when in reality; I was flipping off ‘the man’, and it felt good.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think I could love you any more than I did, but I was wrong. This is the baddest-ass thing ever.

    ReplyDelete