Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"honk" if you hate "honkers"

My mama always told me that “hate” is a bad word, so I use it very sparingly.


I hate horn honkers. I know that once in awhile it is necessary. For instance, when I’m putting on my lipstick and have no idea the light has turned green. Or when, I’m digging in the glove box looking for that Snickers bar that if I don’t get that instant I might die, and I have no idea the light has turned green. But, I would say most of the time, a horn honk is not necessary, and can even be dangerous. I have witnessed numerous occasions where someone is honking for the car in front of them to make a turn, and the car in front is not moving because there is a person crossing the street (or some other very valid reason). And, when someone is honking at you, you get nervous, and oftentimes might make a move that you are not prepared to make, or just shouldn’t make. And maybe I have to hear more than my fair share of honkers because I live downtown, and cabbies are notorious honkers.
So people, ENOUGH WITH THE HONKING!!

Then this morning, I heard a news story on the radio. Volkswagon is recalling Jettas because they have an issue with the cars stalling. Do you want to know when the cars stall? Oh yeah baby, when they honk the horn!!

I say that is a great feature. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

*I must admit that there is one occasion that will force me to honk every time.  When I witness someone throw a cigarette butt out of their window, I will honk in disgust.  I will also yell, “The world is not your ashtray, bitch!!”

1 comment:

  1. That Jetta thing cracks me up.

    Cali, people freely use their horns. Particularly on freeways. NC, NO ONE uses their horns even when they SHOULD use their horns.

    ReplyDelete