Wednesday, March 23, 2011

truer words never spoken

Yesterday, I had to attend a funeral, and after the funeral, I had to attend a wake. Today after work, I have to attend another wake. My college roommate’s mother passed away, a co-worker’s father passed away, and my 36 year-old second cousin passed away. That’s a lot of death for one week.




When I go to the gym, if I don’t take a class, I generally hop on a machine and watch an episode of something on my iPhone while I put in my 45 minutes. Currently, I’m on season 3 of Grey’s Anatomy. In today’s episode, George’s father passed away, and while I was on machine, I was crying. First, I felt that tightness in my throat that meant I was trying not to cry, and then the tears came, then my vision blurred, and I couldn’t see my iPhone anymore.

At the end, Christina went to talk to George, and this is what was said:



Christina: There’s a club. The Dead Dads Club. And you can’t be in it until you’re in it. You can try to understand; you can sympathize, but until you feel that loss….
George, I’m really sorry you had to join the club.

George: I don’t know how to exist in a world where my dad doesn’t.

Christina: Yeah, that never really changes.

my dad
my dad

No comments:

Post a Comment